Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What is a name?

As most of you who are reading this you know that my real name is Bobbie Ann ( no middle name two separate words) and I have come to time in my life where I like my name ( Bobbie that is :)). Of course though there are still times that I feel cursed for having a "boys name". For example yesterday.

There is this new Legacy Parkway that opened up here in our county that has been a long time in the making and is supposed to help ease congestion on the freeway. It opened this weekend and along with it there are nice paved walk ways and you can look at nature etc. Well my friend Jenny and I walk a few times a week and we decided to meet at this particular spot to try out the new walkway. Will and I got there a little early so we parked and were trying to find the path when a local TV news reporter ( channel 5 KSL) shows up with a camera man and as I was the only person there they wanted to ask me some questions about the Parkway. So here I am, no makeup, hair not brushed in a county fair t-shirt finally have my "5-minutes of fame" but strongly hoping they dont' show it on TV.

The reporter asked me several questions about what I thought about it etc. and we were done and off I went to find Jenny who hadn't shown up yet. Later that night I got on-line and sure enough I got my wish and they cut my TV part but they quoted me in this article by saying "commuter Bobby Anderson..." First of all I wasn't commuting-I was standing there talking to the reporter about walking on the paths with my 4 yr old and secondly they spelled my name the "boy way" again. So as I go on reading the article says " He (referring to me) says... I start laughing and laughing realizing that no one will know who it really was that said that as they put my quote in there but as a man was saying it! (which by the way is fine with me!)

I love my mom dearly but sometimes I wish my name wasn't be so interchangeable with a little boys name!

1 comment:

Rick & Diana said...

Ok, First of all I have always loved your name. Fun to have two first names, and who needs a middle name? so over rated! What was that name Brent used to call you!:)