.jpg)
As you can see by Kirk's foot,it's seen better days but when it was his choice you can't feel too bad for him-just a little! :)
Kirk has what's called hammer toes where his toes don't lie flat (thanks to genetics!)so he heard about a study they were doing where they would operate on your toes so that they can test a different way to administrate a pain medication. It was definitely one of those "window of opportunities" as they pay him to do the surgery and follow up which was done by a podiatrist in Salt Lake.
I suppose Kirk and I were pretty naive as it coems to recovery time for these things though because we were thinking that he would be out of work 1 week-ha! Now he has been instructed to stay home for the 3rd week now! His toes are healing wonderfully but it has some infection due to the nature of the surgery since he has 3 sets of stiches close together going down his 3 middle toes. What's driving him crazy is well, first of all he can't drive so I do everywhere and he can't move as fast or be on his feet for very long.
Was it worth it? Well ask him in a couple of weeks...!
1 comment:
I like your new format! Very nice! That's exciting? about Kirk's surgery, I hope he'll be up and moving around soon.
I'm impressed that you guys got a hamster. When we lived there, I wouldn't have let my kids get a rodent-like pet with all the mice in our house!
Post a Comment